Enloe Medical Center's FlightCare
helicopter took to the air in August 1985 as the first ambulance helicopter north of Sacramento. The FlightCare Program grew out of the need to rapidly transport patients from the growing mountain communities of Chester, Quincy and Greenville to Enloe. The FlightCare helicopter has become a recognized symbol of Enloe's core value: Be responsive.
Outfitted with advanced life-support equipment, FlightCare:
- Flies at an average speed of 135 miles per hour
- Responds to an average of three calls per day
- Is one of only a few programs in the country with pilots trained to use night-vision goggles
- Is backed by a full team of emergency and critical care experts
- Has transported more than 10,000 patients
- Touches the lives of many by responding to emergencies within a 75-mile radius of Enloe, in counties including Butte, Tehama, Glenn, Plumas, Colusa, Sierra, Yuba and parts of Lassen
- Is affiliated with the Association of Air Medical Membership Programs (AAMMP), which means members' FlightCare benefits transfer to the sister programs
Flightcare Membership Program
Enloe Medical Center offers a valuable service called the FlightCare Membership Program. For pennies a day, this pre-paid healthcare program can protect people from the potential high cost of air ambulance services.
A $50 annual Family Membership fee* assures that members will not be billed for out-of-pocket expenses when FlightCare or a reciprocating emergency air service transports them or the dependants of their immediate family. The FlightCare Membership Plan covers reasonable and medically appropriate use of our air ambulance or that of a reciprocating program.
Individual Memberships are also available, as are Corporate Memberships for groups of eight or more. All membership fees help keep us flying.
* Ask for Thunderhill Raceway's group rate.
for the FlightCare Membership Program.